More than a toy
“Yookidoo South Africa celebrates discovery by embracing your child’s natural curiosity for fun and learning.”
Yookidoo South Africa firmly believes in the above. As a parent I am always looking for toys that are meaningful and suitable for Hudson’s development. A few weeks ago, Yookidoo South Africa sent over three toys for Hudson to test out, and by now you can probably guess which of the three he wants to play with all the time.
Yookidoo Submarine Spray Station
From the minute we introduced the Submarine Spray station to Hudson, he was in love with it. Bath time has always been fun for him, but now he just can not get enough. He even figured out that there was another way to turn the shower head on, without pressing the on and off button. This toy is suitable from ages 2-6 years, but you can use it from 12 months onwards. This is our second week with the Yookidoo Submarine Spray Station, and I am amazed at how quickly Hudson figured out the mechanics of this toy. Below are some features and developmental benefits of this toy. Make bath time a fun learning experience, with this must have bath toy.
- A battery operated submarine with a water circulation pumping system that draws water from the tub and recycles a safe stream of water without wasting water from the tap.
- Water magically streams through the diver shower head especially designed for easy grip and activation by small hands.
- Direct water flow into the water activity center to generate a chain reaction of surprising magical water effects in the bath tub!
- Encourages independent play and exploration.
- Grasping the showerhead and filling the water activity center encourages development of fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Spraying action stimulates baby’s senses of sight & touch.
- Teaches children cause & effect processes.
Yookidoo South Africa Crawl ‘N’ Go Snail
If you have a crawler and a busy toddler then this toy will definitely be a hit. The Crawl ‘N’ Go toy is suitable from ages 6-24 months. What I love most about this toy is that it can keep Hudson occupied for about 20 minutes with the snail and then another 20 minutes as he plays with the stacker. The stacker promotes fine motor skills and problem solving. He struggled a bit in the beginning, not knowing that there is an order for the rings to go on the stacker, but after a few turns, he figured it out. Here are some features and developmental benefits to this toy.
- A musical battery-operated snail that rolls, spins his shell and turns his head from side to side as he goes – encouraging baby to crawl.
- 2 toys in 1: spinning shell unscrews to become a 7 piece ring stacker toy with a push-squeaker face and a rattle ring.
- Baby friendly tail operation button.
- Parent on/off button – for silent play mode.
- With every activation the snail will rolls approx. 6.5 feet (2 meters) – rewarding and motivating baby to catch and reactivate.
- Encourages baby to crawl.
- Stacker develops gross & fine motor skills and promotes problem solving abilities.
- Baby friendly operating tail introduces children to cause & effect processes and promotes eye-hand coordination.
Yookidoo South Africa Gymotion® Lay To Sit-Up Play
I wish we had one of these for Hudson when he was a newborn. I actually remember seeing one of of these at the Baby Expo in Cape Town, when I was still pregnant. Suitable from ages 0-12 months this is a three stage extra padded play gym that transforms into a supportive, upright, portable seat enabling baby to sit, play, and interact with the world while sitting upright. The good news is that baby no 2 will definitely be using this. Here are some features and developmental benefits.
Easy transition from a play gym to a soft, secure and supportive seat for upright sitting and playing.
- More than 20 developmental activities and plenty of toys to move around:
- A battery operated motion activated musical plane.
- A large double sided tummy time pillow with loops for easy toy attachment.
- A large baby safe mirror for hanging on arch or standing on mat.
- A royal teething rattle.
- An easy to grasp dog rattle with colorful sliding beads.
- Easily folds for convenient storage or travel.
- Stage 1: Lay & Play – Promotes eye focus & depth perception. Promoted hand-eye coordination and sensory development.
- Stage 2: Tummy & Play – Promotes repeated head lifting, strengthens shoulders, chest and upper body. Develops gross motor skills.
- Stage 3: Sit-Up & Play -Allows babies who are just beginning to sit to engage with the world from an upright sitting position promoting interaction and social skills. Promotes interaction with the surroundings. Teaches cause and effect, develops fine motor skills and encourages curiosity.
Where can you buy Yookidoo South Africa toys?
In order to stand a chance of winning your very own Yookidoo South Africa toys, follow the steps below:
- Enter the original post on Facebook as well as Instagram
- Enter on the additional Facebook and Instagram post.
- Share this blog post and be sure to tell me which platforms it was shared on.
- Name one development benefit of Hudson’s favourite toy, mentioned above.
- Make sure you are following Yookidoo South Africa on Facebook as well as Instagram.
- If you have not already, make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.
- The Giveaway closes this Friday 21 September and the winner will be announced on 24 September.
- T’s and C’s Apply